Friday, January 31, 2020

50 Day Genesis Challenge, Day 31

"I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillar, where you made a vow to Me; now arise, leave this land, and return to the land of your birth."  

                                 Genesis 31:13

I love this verse because it’s a reminder to Jacob of his past, personal, experiential history with God. God has been with him, guiding him, protecting him, providing for him, and incrementally and experientially revealing Himself to him all of his life. And, now, at another turning point, here the LORD is again, reminding Jacob of where they have been, of promises from the past, and providing the relational evidence for the promise of future fulfillments.  

LORD, remind me today of ALL of the ways You have walked and talked with me, guided and provided for me, encouraged and empowered me all of the days my life. Help me to remember that, most assuredly, I can trust You as I step into the future that You have already prepared for me. And, that in You, the Best is always yet to come. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!

#50DayGenesisChallenge

#50DayGenesisChallengeDay31

No comments: