Sunday, January 12, 2020

50 Day Genesis Challenge, Day 12

"Now the LORD said to Abram, Go forth from your country, And from your relatives, And from your father’s house, To the land which I will show you;"

                       - Genesis 12:1

I love this verse for so many, many, reasons. One, I love it that the first word is "Now," which is a reminder to me of the timeliness of God’s Word. It comes to me in the "Now" of my reality whenever I read it. Two, it’s a reminder to me that God lovingly speaks to us and guides us even before we are officially "believers." And, Three, the words "Go" "from" and "to" are all reminders to me that God knows exactly where we are, where we come from, and... that where He is leading us, what He has for us, and what He ultimately wants to "show" us is so much better than anything we could even begin to come close to having, finding or gaining for ourselves. All we have to do is trust Him and Go...

Help me Father to be a man who trusts You enough to Go wherever You lead. Let my life be a life You have complete access to, Whenever, Wherever, However... no matter what. - Amen

#50DayGenesisChallenge

#50DayGenesisChallengeDay12

No comments: