Saturday, February 1, 2020

50 Day Genesis Challenge, Day 32

"Now as Jacob went on his way, the angels of God met him." Genesis 32:1

I love it that this verse starts with the word "Now" and that it is framed in the context of motion. God’s messengers, His ministering agents, show up as Jacob walks in obedience to God’s previous instruction. It is "on the road" where Jacob gets confirmation of God’s leading as he encounters Angels along the way.


This coming week I will find myself leading an evangelism training / hog hunting adventure in Oklahoma for a group of 12 men, made up of both currently serving Pastors and men of God who are contemplating a Call to ministry. Then, on the 16th I get the chance to take a ministry team of 9, to Liberia, West Africa, and do a Preaching & Worship Crusade, a Leadership Training Conference, a Food and Clothing Distribution and helping with a Christian School Construction Project. Though I’m not really sure what to expect with both of these ministry opportunities, I truly cannot wait to interact with all that God has already prepared to meet me in the "Now" as I walk a path that flows from my personal relationship with Jesus. Where will it lead, and what all is going to happen along the way? Of this, I have no concrete idea. But, what I do know, is that in relationship with Jesus, Ephesians 2:10 is Always True.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." - Ephesians 2:10

Thank You, LORD, for opportunities to serve in new ways. Please, Bless my best efforts, as I submit them, and their results to You. Empower me, I ask, as I seek to walk in obedience to You, Your Word and Your Holy Spirit. Please, in each case, allow me, and those I will be in ministry with, to come back rejoicing and giving Glory to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

#50DayGenesisChallenge

#50DayGenesisChallengeDay32

No comments: