Saturday, January 25, 2020

50 Day Genesis Challenge, Day 25

"Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew; and he ate and drank, and rose and went on his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright." Genesis 25:34


There’s a lot here... but it boils down to this, Esau exchanged the "not yet" for the "now." He gave up what could have been, for something he wanted in the "right now." The promise, the "right" he had by birth order, to be experienced in its fullness later in his life, was traded in an instant, for a fleeting few moments of indulgence and consumption.

Forgive me Father for the times I have fallen into this same trap. Lead me not into the temptation of seeing the world through the eyes of Esau, to be so caught up in the "now" that I forsake the "not yet." Empower me to live for all that You have promised, and hold in trust, for those who love You. (See: 1 Corinthians 2:9). In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

#50DayGenesisChallenge

#50DayGenesisChallengeDay25

No comments: