Friday, January 24, 2020

50 Day Genesis Challenge, Day 24

"Then Abraham said to him, ‘Beware lest you take my son back there!’" Genesis 24:6

This whole chapter is just an amazing account of how God goes before us to prepare our way to fulfill His Will for our lives. This verse, however, and verse 8 which reiterates verse 6, just spoke to my heart as a father this AM.  

Abraham has journeyed with the LORD for many years now, and for oh so many miles... There is a place he once was, a place God has led him from, that he has determined he will never return to. And, he clearly states in these verses that it is no place he wants his son to return to either...

I get that. There is so much that Jesus has led me out of and away from, and I definitely hope and pray, in fact, to the best of my ability, I am whole heartedly determined, that my children will never experience what and where I myself was once delivered from.  

Please God, give my children hearts for You. Keep them from the paths and decisions of destruction that I myself once walked and made. Fill their hearts with a desire to fulfill the purpose for which they were born, and go before them to prepare the path You desire them to walk. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

#50DayGenesisChallenge

#50DayGenesisChallengeDay24

No comments: