Thursday, February 13, 2020

50 Day Genesis Challenge, Day 44

"Then Judah approached him, and said, ‘Oh my lord, may your servant please speak a word in my lord’s ears, and do not be angry with your servant; for you are equal to Pharaoh." Genesis 44:18

I love this verse because it reminds me of how God can, will, and does, turn things around when we allow our trust to be a lifelong investment in Him. There was a time, when it was actually Judah (See Gen. 37:26) who sinfully set all of these circumstances, consequences, hardships and injustices in Joseph’s life in motion. Joseph went through what he went through because of his brother Judah. And yet, through it all, Joseph invested his trust in the LORD. In and through all of those years, Joseph didn’t choose bitterness, resentment, or as it all came full circle, to be... unforgiving. The focus of his life was putting trust in his God that he believed could and would right all wrongs. I believe this is the primary difference between people who become bitter through the course of their lives, and people who become better... Which one will I choose to be?

Help me LORD to choose the investment of trust. No matter what life is or isn’t, empower me to choose to invest trust in You, in and through all of it. Thank You LORD for all that I have trusted You through in the past, and thank You LORD for all that I know I can trust You through in the future. I choose to trust in You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


#50DayGenesisChallenge

#50DayGenesisChallengeDay44

No comments: