Friday, February 7, 2020

50 Day Genesis Challenge, Day 38

"And it came about at that time, that Judah departed from his brothers, and visited a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah." Genesis 38:1


Ugh! This is one of those chapters from Scripture that just puts a knot in my stomach. With every verse the "drama" just goes from bad to worse. And, it all starts with... "And it came about at that time, that Judah departed from his brothers..."

A lot can go wrong when we separate ourselves. Proverbs 18:1 says: "He who separates himself seeks his own desire, He quarrels against all sound wisdom." In other words, when we remove ourselves from friends, witnesses and accountability it’s usually for the wrong reasons, and the results are pretty predictable. Read the whole of Genesis 38 for a perfect illustration of this.

Father, help me to walk in faithful relationship with both You, and with Brothers who can keep me from seeking my own desire. Keep me in close accountability and friendship relationships that result in iron sharpening iron (Proverbs 27:17). Surround me with people that will ultimately help me to fulfill the purpose You have for me and for my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

#50DayGenesisChallenge

#50DayGenesisChallengeDay38

No comments: