Saturday, February 15, 2020

50 Day Genesis Challenge, Day 46

"And God spoke to Israel in visions of the night... And He said, ‘I am God, the God of your Father; do not be afraid to go down to Egypt (Africa)... I will go down with you to Egypt (Africa), and I will also surely bring you up again...’" 

- Genesis 46:2a, 3a,b & 4a,b

It always just blows me away how God’s Word finds me every day, as I open it and as I read it! This morning I woke up before my alarm and I just had this sense of uneasiness. Without a doubt, I’ve got A LOT on my mind, and on my "to-do list" before our team departs for Africa tomorrow morning. I’m so excited about going, and about this widened door for effective ministry that has opened up (1 Corinthians 16:9), but the planning... and all of the details... and all of the costs... and all of the global fears and warnings about the Corona Virus... and so many more things that have gone along with this opportunity, have been in many, many, many, ways... overwhelming.

So, with approximately 24 hours until we leave for the Airport in KC, I woke up questioning, a little apprehensive, and in need of a personal affirmation from God. As I opened Genesis to read and write as I continue my "50 Day Genesis Challenge" I was instantly a recipient of... "the peace that passes all understanding" as I read the verses quoted above. Then, my cousin, Daneale White (also a pastor who lives in Manhattan, KS), sent me this text at 6:40am, as I was writing these words you are reading today:

"Check out 1st Corinthians 16:9, 13, 14 - Vs. 9 ‘...for a wide door for effective service has opened to me, and there are many adversaries. - Vs. 13 Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. - Vs. 14 Let all that you do be done in love.’  - Bert (yeah she calls me Bert, it’s a long story...), these words were on my heart for you as I entered into this day, praying over you, Genna, your team, and all this trip holds for you all. God is doing great things! I love you! -Daneale"

Thank You, LORD, for the fact that Your Word is a "living" Word. Thank You that it is so much more than an ancient document! Thank You, that it not only finds me, but it also finds and speaks to others words that I need to hear, and... Thank You for the reality that Your Word never returns void (Isaiah 55:11)! Thank You, LORD for speaking to me today, precisely what I needed to hear! In Jesus Name, Amen. 

#50DayGenesisChallenge

#50DayGenesisChallengeDay46

No comments: