Thursday, November 2, 2017

“FULL Contact!” The Acts of The Apostles 28-Day Challenge, Day 23

Acts 23:1 “And Paul, looking intently at the Council said, ‘Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience before God up to this day.’”

Acts 23:11 “But on the night immediately following, the Lord stood at his side and said, ‘Take courage; for as you have solemnly witnessed to My cause at Jerusalem, so you must witness at Rome also.’”

Thank You, Jesus, for the forgiveness of sins!  Thank you for the fact that Your blood cleanses us from all of our sins, and that the past is truly, irretrievably... the past.  Empower me, Lord, in the now, and in this present moment, to live like a man ablaze with Your Holy Spirit.  Empower me to be a bold witness, with a perfectly good conscience before both God and man.

Thank You, Lord, for ALL of the times I have known and felt Your presence.  And, thank You even for all of the times I have not, and yet, You have been there.  Thank You!  Truly, Lord, You have never failed me.  Even when I have stood completely alone, You have always been there, encouraging me, standing with me, speaking both to, and through me.  Thank You Jesus, for Your faithfulness.

- Rob Schmutz 

No comments: