Monday, April 10, 2017

For Tomorrow, Now

This just came to me this AM and I felt like someone might need to hear it today:


"Joshua told the people, 'Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.'" Joshua 3:5


"for tomorrow..."  How easy it is to fall into the trap of forgetting that tomorrow, through faith, is designed by God to be an amazing day.  It can so easily become our default reality to subconsciously assume that "yesterday" was a better day, and that years ago was when things were as they should be.  Sadly, we can choose to live in the false or faithless reality of believing that our best days are behind us.


Faith, however, suggests something far different.  Faith, and the reality it calls me to live in, reminds me that today I can prepare for the best that God has prepared for me in my tomorrow with Him.


Help me, Lord, to live today as a means of consecrating myself, in faith, believing that my tomorrow with You is going to bless my socks off!


"...Things which eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, nor has ever entered into the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him."  1 Corinthians 2:9

No comments: